Head of Quality Assurance (m/f/*) Full Time On-site in Cologne Area
What you would be doing
You work as part of the backbone of our company: you help developers deliver stable builds by leading the team that tracks down bugs and performs regular tests on all consoles we develop for
- You will define and create workflows for our testing
- You will implement test plans and stay up-to-date with the best practices
- You will assign, prioritize and manage the tasks for your team
- Support your team with testing, taking responsibility for the quality of our games
- Update and maintain the bug tracking database
- As part of your job, you will learn the submission process for releasing on all consoles
- You will communicate regularly with leads from other departments, to plan ahead and identify risks
- You love games and how they are made
- You are a motivated and disciplined learner – testing games is hard work!
- You have experience in bug tracking, reporting and test planning
- You have sharp attention to detail and are a patient individual
- You have fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- You’re self-reliant, organized and know how to prioritize your tasks
- You’re fact-focused and know how to remain calm and follow your task even when the rest of the office erupts in chaos
- You’re quick to learn basic software like image editing, screen capture software or database manipulation
- You live in or would be willing to move to the Cologne Area (We're gonna help with that!).
A big plus would be
- Experience with leading and managing a small team
- Experience with developing for consoles
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited work contract
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Once a year: One-week game jam during office hours
- We are proud to have a works council already established
- Flexible work hours (parent friendly)
- No crunch
- NO NFTs (can't believe I have to write this)
- One-month Sabbatical possible
- We work in a beautiful, industrial style office with lots of air
- You will get a public transport ticket for the Cologne Area
- Money and time budget for training and education
- We offer a lot of flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- Free Coffee and drinks
- We do regular paid-for team events
- Discounts for gyms and bike sponsorships can be arranged
- Our office manager will help you with the challenges of relocating
- We offer financial help for relocation
- Office dogs!
Why we do what we do
When we founded Massive Miniteam all we wanted was a nice and stable work environment. For us that meant being happy and healthy while working on exciting projects. Today we are fortunate to share this vision with our ever growing team.
We value good communication, inclusivity and professionality. We want to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and respected so that they have space and time to grow. To work with us means to join a kind and generally lighthearted environment and always be confronted with new and exciting tasks to tackle.
What we do
We currently work on multiple unannounced titles in varying stages of development, different genres and project scopes. We strive to develop high quality indie games that are made with a lot of love, care and professionality.
In our humble beginnings we were split between game development and client work to keep our studio running. Since Massive Miniteam has been acquired by HandyGames and became part of THQ Nordic we are 100% dedicated to video games.
Our main focus is developing our own games, but thanks to our experience with console development we have the opportunity to work with a lot of interesting companies and to help them port their games to many different platforms.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us, we’d be happy to take a look at your application! Please include your CV.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org!